As our nation pauses this week to consider Thanksgiving, I would like to take a moment to recognize the many great educators I am thankful for. I can’t possibly mention them all by name, so I will group them by characteristics. If you are an educator, I’m sure you know many of these people as well. Please take a moment this week to send them a note to let them know they are appreciated.
I am thankful for:
- Passionate educators who rally in support of public education #redfored!
- Great educators that work with my children every day.
- My wife, who is an outstanding Educator! She improves the lives of her students and betters our community every day.
- Devoted educators that do battle every day, working behind the scenes to keep our schools safe.
- Disciplined educators that work long hours to create great lessons for their students and our future leaders.
- Generous educators who provide food and clothes to the students that do not receive them at home.
- Caring educators that support angel trees and buy Christmas presents for students in their schools who would otherwise have none.
- Understanding educators that provide dresses/shoes/suits/ties to students, so they can proudly attend banquets/prom/graduation.
- Selfless educators that spend time before school, after school and during their lunch break tutoring struggling students.
- Committed educators that sponsor clubs that allow students to explore a new skill or activity.
- Devoted educators that partner with groups such as FCA, YFC or Young Life that impact the lives of students for eternity.
- Compassionate educators that facilitate support groups for students struggling with a variety of issues.
- Committed educators who spend their own money so their students and classrooms have the supplies the school district doesn’t provide.
- Dedicated educators that give their nights and weekends to develop young men and women through athletics.
- Devoted educators that give enormous amounts of time to shape young lives through the fine arts.
- Empathetic educators that resolve conflict, provide support and share resources with many students.
- Faithful bus drivers that keep our kids safe on the roads.
- Committed support staff that feed our students, bandage their wounds, and support their instruction.
Thanks to all the great educators of America! You are the true heroes of our Nation!